When you build with Western Steel Buildings, we present a variety of roofing options for your steel structure. Depending on what you are looking for in terms of value, longevity, and energy efficiency we will assist you in choosing the best option, as well as elevate your return on investment. All of our panels are built for durability, with a galvalume panel substrate. However, each of our panel options are available to upgrade from the galvalume substrate to a high-performance color. Let's take a closer look to explain the benefits of each roofing system.
Purlin Bearing Rib Panels
PBR is the most common panel utilized on our steel building systems. Recognized for versatility in multiple environments, the PBR metal panel is a staple. It is an exposed fastener, structural roof and wall panel. Therefore, it can be installed directly over purlins and joists. PBR panels are a through-fastened panel and recommended for roof slopes 1/2:12 and greater. PBR panels offer a cost-effective and durable sheeting solution for roof and walls. These panels can be installed as a single skin or with insulation.
Standing Seam Roof
Standing seem roof systems are the current trend for new construction, with clean and modern aesthetics. From residential structures to commercial buildings, this roofing option is a popular choice. The seam is a prominent raised visual feature that covers the fastening mechanism. This concealed faster provides a weather-tight connection. With the added protection of concealed fasteners, standing seam roof systems are exceptionally durable and long lasting. These panels can also be installed as single skin or with insulation. Make sure to review the profile, locking, substrate and color options with your Project Manager.
Insulated Metal Panels
Insulated metal panels take the gold for energy efficiency. Ideal for maintaining the interior temperature of your building, they are a perfect solution for extreme climate-controlled requirements. This roofing option is the way to go for cultivation and cold storage facilities. The IMP core is CFC-free foam insulation, that is bonded on each side with metal sheeting. The panel's exterior is galvanized steel, which protects against corrosion and rust. The panels are also available in an array of profiles and colors. Insulated metal panels are a great economical solution when compared to field assembled high rib roof applications. These panels are available fire rated with insulation values up to R-60 ( with membrane). The high rib profile allows for severe loading conditions as well as long span requirements. When you choose IMP, you have an enormous amount of styles to choose from to make your project truly unique.
Biggest Advantages of a Metal Roof
- Durability - With a concealed fastener roof system there is no leaking, warping or cracking.
- Longevity - Metals roofs are known to last longer than 50 years.
- Weather Protection - These panels can withstand heavy snow loads and hail. The interlocking panels provide maximum wind resistance.
- Sustainability - We use up to 90% recycled steel in our fabrication process. These panels are also recyclable.
- Solar Panel Mounting Options - Solar paneling can be installed on a variety of roofs. However, structures with metal roof systems have another option; thin film solar. Standing seam roof systems provide an ideal surface for this application.
- Energy Efficient - Due to the thermal performance of metal roofing the sun is reflected off the roof, as opposed to being absorbed which happens in other roofing options.
- Beautiful Style - Metal roofs are very aesthetically pleasing. With a wide range of profiles and colors to choose from, you're sure to find the style you desire.
As you can see, each roofing system is unique and offers particular benefits for your building needs. Call one of our experienced Project Managers today to discuss which roof system would work best for your upcoming project.