STANDING SEAM METAL ROOF SYSTEMS
DURABLE AND WEATHER-TIGHT METAL ROOF PANELS
At Western Steel we offer a variety of standing seam roof systems. Essentially, a standing seam roof system is either snap together or mechanically field-seamed without exposed fasteners making them a super product than the base model exposed fastener metal panels such as PBR. A standing seam metal roof is one of the most durable and weather-tight roof systems available in the industry. Its concealed fastener design ensures that the fasteners aren’t exposed to the elements which could cause them to fail over time. Since these panels are attached to the roof deck with clamps, they’re free of any holes from nails or other fasteners which could allow moisture to seep through. Snap-lock panels are secured to the roof deck with clips which allow for thermal movement of roofing panels. Mechanically seamed panels are similar to snap-lock panels, however the clips securing them in place must be crimped together with a machine or by hand. There are four basic standing seam metal roof panel styles: double lock seam, symmetrical seam, one-piece snap-lock interlock and two-piece snap-lock interlock.
Western Steel provides standing seam metal roofing panels that are lightweight and last up to 60 years. Standing seam panels offer sleek lines that create a modern look. They’re a great choice for all building applications.
Ultra Lock Standing Seam Panel
A snap-together, trapezoidal leg standing seam roof system. Seamed with an interlocking snap seam making installation faster and easier. Panels are available in 18-inch and 24-inch widths. This panel requires a minimum slope of ¼:12 and is ideal for industrial, commercial and architectural applications.
Lock Standing Seam Panel
This is a snap-together standing seam roof system with a 1-3/4" tall vertical rib, for use on roofs with a minimum slope of 3:12.
Super Lock Standing Seam Panel
Super lock is a mechanically field-seamed, vertical leg standing seam roof system that combines a 2-inch tall slim rib with exceptional uplift resistance. This panel is available in both 12-inch and 16-inch widths.
Double Lock Standing Seam Panel
This roof panel is a mechanically field-seamed, trapezoidal leg standing seam roof system. For use on roofs with a minimum slope of ¼:12.
- Floating Roof: Designed to eliminate the damage caused by thermal expansion and contraction.
- Fire Resistance Rating: UL “Class A” Fire Rating.
- UL 90 Rating: Over 7 different UL 90 construction numbers, each available with several options.
- FM: “Class 1” Standards: The Double-Lok® roof has met the rigorous “Class 1” standards for fire wind, foot tra c, hail damage resistance and water leakage resistance.
- Flexibility: Wall covering can be erected before or after the roof is installed.
- Durability: Every unpainted panel is manufactured from acrylic coated Galvalume Plus®.
- Colors & Finishes: Panels are available in 22 popular colors.
- Prepunched: Our prepunched system, combined with self-engaging back-up plates, ensures panel modularity and speeds up roof installation.
- Acceptance: The most utilized standing seam roofing system. One million square feet of Ultra-Dek® and Double-Lok® ship weekly.
- Quality Control: Superior panel finish quality control from corporately owned coating operations.
- R&D: The most comprehensive research and development program in the industry, including UM and FM in-house testing.
- Design: Designed to avoid water and debris build-up and panel scoring.
- Training: Superior installation training programs which include a “Certified Installer” program.
Galvalume coated steel. Unpainted Acrylics are coated.
20-year finish warranty standard.
Factory applied thermal set sealant, which resists dirt accumulation and thermal.
Varying thickness up to an R-Value of 38.
UL 90 rated. FM 1-60 thru 1-105 ratings available.
- Eave – Self Driller with Neoprene Washer Endlaps – Self Tapper with Washer
- Ridge – Lap Tek Self Driller w/Neoprene Washer Clips to Purlins – Tek 2 Self Driller with Washer Trim to Panel -Lap Tek Self Driller with Neoprene Washer
Light Transmitting Panels
Optional skylights are available insulated or non-insulated, with or without a UL 90 rating.
Our UL & FM ratings allow for reduced building insurance rates.